HP Designjet Z5200 PS 44" 8 Colour Photo Printer CQ113A
Easy and intuitive
With this printer you save half the steps needed to get a print(1—so it’s easier, and you’re more productive. Take advantage of a printer that is so
easy and intuitive, you’ll wonder why you waited to bring large-format printing in house.
• Eliminate and automate many of the steps
involved with traditional large-format printing. HP Instant Printing Pro streamlines the printing process from beginning to
end with fast, easy file preparation and automatic nesting, preview, orientation, and crop marks.
• Achieve your desired colors quickly while minimizing unnecessary and expensive trial-and-error printing. This printer’s embedded
spectrophotometer enables automatic calibration and profiling for greater color accuracy and consistency.
Quick printing Save up to 5 minutes on every print. Add large-format printing to your offering without
slowing down your workflow. Eliminate time-consuming steps, see fast speeds, and process and manage jobs more effectively with
• Speed up the printing process by eliminating some of the time-consuming steps along the way. The HP Designjet Z5200 PostScript® Printer
lets you submit many files at a time, directly to the printer, without having to wait to open an application.
• Turn around orders quickly and still deliver the high quality that customers demand. With the HP Designjet Z5200 PostScript® Printer and
HP Vivera pigment inks, you can print up to 41 m²/hr (445 ft²/hr) at production speed without sacrificing quality.
• Streamline your workflow to achieve greater productivity. The printer’s 160 GB hard disk provides a large buffer, reducing the chance that
your workstation will lock up when printing large files and simplifying the process when you need to reprint.
• Go to unattended printing with 300-ml HP cartridges. Take advantage of the HP Designjet Excel Accounting Report to track
jobs by customer, job, or costs. Receive low supplies alerts and use convenient reordering enabled by technology built into HP supplies.(2
Any file format Experience dependable, high-quality results on a range of applications, no matter the file format your customer brings. Get high-impact color that’s delivered accurately and consistently. Gain efficient operation and a low TCO with this HP printing system.
• Count on a truly dependable printing experience with a built-in PostScript interpreter for in-printer processing of PS and PDF files. And with
HP Professional PANTONE Emulation you can meet customer color expectations more quickly and reliably.
• Save time and money by minimizing trial and error printing. This printer’s embedded spectrophotometer provides automatic calibration and media profiling for greater consistency and accuracy with the first and every print
• Impress your customers with long-lasting, high-quality color and black-and-white prints.
• Optimize your everyday printing and achieve a new level of quality and value. HP Universal Bond Paper and HP Bright White Inkjet Paper
feature ColorPRO Technology, providing visibly enhanced print quality and cost-effective everyday printing.
Line drawings(1 42 sec/page on A1/D, 42.1 A1/D prints per hour
Color images(2 Fast: 41 m²/hr (445 ft²/hr) on plain media
Best: 5.1 min/page on A1/D or up to 5.4 m²/hr (58 ft²/hr) on glossy media
Print resolution Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Margins Roll: 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 mm (0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2 in) (borderless on glossy/satin roll media)
(top x bottom x left x right) Sheet: 5 x 17 x 5 x 5 mm (0.2 x 0.67 x 0.2 x 0.2 in)
Technology HP Thermal Inkjet
Ink cartridge colors Cyan, magenta, yellow, light cyan, light gray, light magenta, matte black, photo black
Ink types HP Vivera pigment inks
Ink drop 4 pl (lc, lm, lg, pK), 6 pl (C, M, Y, mK)
Ink cartridge size 300 ml or 130 ml
Line accuracy +/- 0.2%(3
Minimum line width 0.04 mm (0.0015 in) (HP-GL/2 addressable)
Guaranteed minimum 0.08 mm (0.003 in) (ISO/IEC 13660:2001(E))(4
Color accuracy Median < 1.6 dE2000, 95% of colors < 2.8 dE2000(5
Short term color stability < 1 dE2000 in less than 5 minutes(6
Print-to-print repeatability Average < 0.5 dE2000, 95% of colors < 1.4 dE2000(6
Maximum optical density 4 L* min/2.5 D(7
Handling Sheet feed, roll feed, automatic cutter (cuts all media except canvas)
Types Photographic, proofing, fine art printing material, self-adhesive, banner and sign, bond
and coated, backlit, fabric/textile
Weight Up to 500 g/m²
Size 216 x 279 to 1118 x 1676 mm (8.5 x 11 to 44 x 66 in) sheets;
279 to 1118 mm (11 to 44-in) rolls
Thickness Up to 0.8 mm (31.5 mil)
Processing and memory
Intel® LE80578 800 MHz, 48 GB (dedicated file-processing memory), 160 GB hard disk
Interfaces (standard) Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T); Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified; EIO Jetdirect accessory slot
Print languages Adobe® PostScript® 3™, Adobe PDF, TIFF, JPEG, CALS G4, HP PCL 3 GUI, HP-GL/2(8
Drivers (included) HP PCL 3 GUI and PostScript drivers for Windows® (optimized for AutoCAD 2000 and
higher) and Mac OS X; support for Citrix XenApp and Citrix XenServer environments
Included software Printer drivers, HP Instant Printing Pro, HP Printer Utility including HP Color Center,
HP Designjet Excel Accounting Report, Serif PosterDesigner Pro for HP (free trial)
Dimensions (w x d x h)
Printer 1770 x 690 x 1047 mm (69.7 x 27.2 x 41.2 in)
Shipping 1930 x 766 x 769 mm (76 x 30.2 x 30.3 in)
Printer 86 kg (189 lb)
Shipping 123 kg (271 lb)
Printer, printheads, introductory ink cartridges, 44-in stand, Original HP sample media
roll, quick reference guide, setup poster, start-up software, power cord.